Job Description – Native English Teacher –
TEJAY’S Kindergarten Solln and Königsplatz
At TEJAY’S Kindergarten we believe in nurturing a balance between early childhood stimulation, learning and education, play, spiritual and physical development. Thus allowing our children to stimulate their cognitive ability (education), social competency (personality), and discover their talents (creative and motor skills) in a safe and engaging environment.
The role of an native English teacher will be to teach basic skills only in their native language including, but not limited to; numbers, elemental natural and social sciences, music, art, literature and behavioural skills to children in the kindergarten phase to advance their physical, mental, and social development and maximise their potential in a positive and caring environment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities;
- § Engage in teaching basic skills in aspects such as shapes, colours, numbers, personal hygiene, and social skills through educational play and imagination
- Organise students’ conduct in the classroom by making use of authorised disciplinary measures.
- Assess and make necessary corrections and supervise their learning progress.
- Be observant and accountable for the safety of children during the school period.
- Meet and greet with parents, giving them short updates with what has taken place throughout the day in the kindergarten and what their child has engaged in
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities etc) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- Instruct children on personal hygiene practises and self care
- Ensure equipment and facilities are clean and safe
- Perform required administrative duties including attending staff meetings
- Attending of out of hours events (St Martins Day, Christmas Party, Summerfest etc)
- An ability to follow and support Te’Jays weekly Program and Courses
- Uphold Te’Jays concept, values and diversity in a supportive and positive manner
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities
- Passion for working with Nursery and/or Kindergarten aged children
- Contribution of special interests (arts, music, sports, science and or dance)
- Teaching and organisational skills
- Patience and flexibility
- Willing to work on a rotating schedule between the hours of 07.30 and 18.30 Monday to Friday and available for our of hours work when needed
- Strong communication skills
- Be willing to work in all classrooms supervising Kindergarten and Kinderkrippa children across both locations (Solln, Königsplatz)
- Supportive and caring towards the development of young children’s learning
- Willing to learn, adopt and develop as part of the team,
- Cultural awareness and understanding of differences
- Ability to cope well under pressure in a dynamic team environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org