Website Nature Trust Alliance
Collaboration for Conservation
Nature Trust Alliance (NTA) is a unique collaboration between three of Europe’s leading conservation trust funds: the Caucasus Nature Fund (CNF) and Prespa Ohrid Nature Trust (PONT) and the newly established Blue Action Fund. Acting as the European headquarters for our partner trust funds, NTA provides operational support services (financial management, administration, communications, reporting, etc.), so the funds can focus on their core missions of employing innovative and sustainable financing mechanisms for nature conservation.
The NTA-partner conservation trust funds have combined investment assets of EUR 80 million, and work with governments, NGOs and private sector partners to ensure improved capacity for nature protection.
NTA is seeking an organized and passionate multi-tasker for the role of Operations and Communications Assistant. This post offers the opportunity to gain experience in the administration and management of a young start-up non-profit organization while playing an integral role in the development of three conservation trust funds.
In addition to ensuring efficient coordination of office operations, including HR, IT support, file and contracts management, the Operations and Communications Assistant will work closely with the Communications and Development Director to develop and maintain digital and printed materials for each partner fund and ensure proper and consistent use of naming conventions, brand attributes and logos.
NTA is a newly formed organization, therefore, the role will initially involve a great deal of overall organization and administration while processes are being created and set in place. The right candidate will be a very comfortable with IT and technical issues, creative self-starter with proven experience in project/office management and communications.
The position is full time, but a part-time schedule (4 days/week, 80%) is available to qualified candidates.
- Develop and maintain operations manual that clearly outlines office policies and procedures;
Serve as main point of contact to coordinate with remote IT service providers and provide staff with basic technical support when necessary;
- In coordination with Communications and Development Director, maintain website domain and hosting service with vendors;
- Maintain and update the shared intranet and calendar (Office 365);
- Accomplish other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Communications and Development Director.
- Develop, maintain and update online content as directed by the Communications and Development Director, including website, social networking sites and blogs and newsletters;
- Work closely with partner fund staff to develop press releases and stories from the regions;
Act as “brand ambassador,” ensuring proper and consistent use of naming conventions, brand attributes and logos for the partner fund;
- Prepare images and other media for publication; maintain digital media libraries.
- At least 5 years of experience in office/project management and coordination; Communications and marketing experience is a plus;
- Willingness to respond creatively and diligently to a range of challenges, including IT-related issues;
- Demonstrated experience using HTML, WordPress, Design/Image software (Photoshop, InDesign) and Office 365/Sharepoint;
- Flexibility to take on a variety of routine tasks and special projects;
- Demonstrated track record in troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow through;
- A deep interest in the missions and conservation issues that our partner funds are working to address;
- Experience working with international organizations or multi-cultural teams;
- Ability to thrive and learn in our fast-paced environment while bringing an enthusiastic, collaborative approach to your work;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German is a must (working language with our partners is English);
Expressions of interest should be submitted electronically, in English, with all the material in a single pdf document. Please include a letter of motivation (not more than one page) and curriculum vitae and send to: email@example.com before 31 July 2017
A shortlist of qualified candidates will be formally invited for an interview process in early August.
Due to the large number of applications received for each of our positions, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org